Food For Thought
There have been concerns regarding PET & glass bottles ending up as landfill & not being recycled.
Our bottle supplier is Visy Australia & they have an amazing record of producing products from recycled material.
Both their cardboard & plastic divisions use recycled packaging.
By paying a premium for our bottles, Visy guarantees they are made from Australian Made Recycled non-leaching BPA free PET.
This ensures our company has a Neutral Waste Footprint & combined with 20,000 watts of solar panels on our factory roof we are doing our part as an environmentally friendly manufacturer.
Some Hard Facts
- The recycling of PET produces only 15% of the CO2 produced by recycling glass
- Glass needs to be ground to sand, then reheated to 1500 degrees C to produce another bottle
- PET melts at 75 to 255 degrees Celcius, producing far less CO2
- Diesel usage for transporting PET is far less than glass
- Glass weighs 7.5 times more than plastic
Responsibly disposing of all packaging will ensure that our environment remains healthy for our future generations to enjoy.
Australian Organic Beverages Pty Ltd